The BMW 7 Series (E38) Service Manual: 1995-2001 is a comprehensive source of service information and technical specifications for the BMW E38 (7 Series models from 1995 to 2001). Whether you're a professional mechanic or a do-it-yourself-er, this manual will provide you with valuable information to help you understand, care for, and repair your BMW.
1256 pages. Contains 1050 photos, illustrations and diagrams.
**Though the do-it-yourself 7 Series owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the owner who has no intention of working on his or her own car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Models, engines and transmissions covered: V8 models and engines
- 740i, 740iL: M60 4.0 liter, M62 or M62 TU 4.4 liter
V12 models and engines:
- 750iL: M73 or M73 TU 5.6 liter
Engine management systems (Motronic):
- Bosch M3.3 (OBD I)
- Bosch M5.2 (OBD II)
- Bosch M5.2.1 (OBD II)
- Bosch M5.2.1 (OBD II / LEV)
- Bosch ME 7.2 (OBD II)
Automatic transmissions (remove, install, external service):
- A5S 560Z
- A5S 440Z
- Maintenance procedures from replacing the fresh air and recirculation microfilters to changing the ATF. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Step-by-step engine timing chain service.
- Cylinder head cover and crankshaft seal replacement.
- Cooling system filling and bleeding, coolant pump replacement and engine cooling fan and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations, including five different Bosch Motronic engine management systems.
- Suspension repair procedures, including stabilizer bar link, control arm and axle boot replacement.
- Brakes, steering and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body, hood and sunroof repairs and adjustments.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Wiring schematics for selected models, including power distribution and grounds.
- BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- Comprehensive BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
Publishing note: Prior to February 2010, this book was published in a softcover edition (ISBN 978-0-8376-1531-8)
BMW 7 Series Manual: 1995-2001 BSIN: B701 ISBN: 978-0-8376-1618-6 (ISBN-10) ISBN: 978-0-8376-1618-6 (ISBN-13)
About Repair Manuals
Its great to be handy and fun for most of us to work on our own car, but its difficult to know everything about your car, which is why one of the handiest tools in your tool is a service manual. For those times when you need some direction, but not about to ask.
About Robert Bentley
Robert Bentley shop manuals are comprehensive and easy to understand so car owners can maintain and repair their own cars. Even those that choose to use a professional can benefit from these manuals by becoming an educated consumer when speaking to their mechanic.
Robert Bentley is without a doubt one of the most recognized names in the automotive repair manual business. Their comprehensive manuals contain the repair information provided by the car manufacturer to their factory-trained technicians, making it an invaluable resource.
Since 1986 FCP has specialized in replacement car parts for European and Import vehicles. We are recognized in the enthusiast community as being the source for Genuine and OEM quality parts at the best possible price. We source and ship globally and often buy directly from the factory so we can pass the savings on to you. We only sell parts we would use on our own cars and we back them with a one year guarantee. We have over 100,000 parts on our site for European and Asian Imports, so if you can’t find it here, call us at 877-634-0063 and chances are our bilingual US based support team can get it for you. At FCP cars are more than transportation or a business, it’s our passion.
Fits These Cars:
- 1995 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 1997 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 1998 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 1999 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 2000 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 2001 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 1995 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1996 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1997 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1998 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1999 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 2000 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 2001 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1995 BMW 750iL Repair Manual
- 1996 BMW 750iL Repair Manual
- 1997 BMW 750iL Repair Manual
- 1998 BMW 750iL Repair Manual
BMW Repair Manual (740i 740iL 750iL) - Bentley B701
- Robert Bentley
- SKU #:
- Repair Manual
- OE Numbers:
- B701, BM8000794, 16378
- CS ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.