BMW 5 Series (E60, E61) Repair Information
This manual contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for the BMW 5 Series from 2004 to 2010. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional mechanic or a do-it-yourselfer, this manual helps you understand, take care of, and repair your BMW.
1734 pages. Contains 2978 photos, illustrations and diagrams
**The do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Models covered in this manual:
525i and 530i -M54 engine (2004-2005) -N52 engine (2006-2007)
528i -N52K engine (2008-2010)
535i -N54 twin turbo engine (2008-2010)
545i -N62 V8 engine (2004-2005)
550i -N62 TU V8 engine (2006-2010)
(remove, install, external service)
-Getrag GS6-17BG -ZF GS6-37BZ , ZF GS6-53DZ
Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG):
(remove, install) -ZF GS6S37BZ, ZF GS6S53BZ
(remove, install, external service) ZF GA6HP19Z, GA6HP19Z TU ZF GA6HP26Z, GA6HP26Z TU
-Condition based service (CBS) maintenance procedures from replacing the cabin microfilter to checking and resetting service intervals. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
-Cylinder head cover gasket and crankshaft seal service (includes removal and installation of Valvetronic motor).
-Cooling system and radiator service.
-Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations.
-Information about advanced technical features such as Valvetronic, VANOS, twin turbochargers, DSC (dynamic stability control), dynamic drive (active stabilizer bars), active steering, and xDrive.
-Suspension repair procedures.
-Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and repair.
-Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
-Body and hood repairs and adjustments.
-Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
-Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
-BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
-BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
BMW 5 Series Repair Manual 2004-10 BSIN: B510 ISBN: 0-8376-1689-1 (ISBN-10) ISBN: 978-0-8376-1689-6 (ISBN-13)
Fits These Cars:
- 2004 BMW 525i Repair Manual
- 2005 BMW 525i Repair Manual
- 2006 BMW 525i Repair Manual
- 2007 BMW 525i Repair Manual
- 2004 BMW 530i Repair Manual
- 2005 BMW 530i Repair Manual
- 2006 BMW 530i Repair Manual
- 2007 BMW 530i Repair Manual
- 2004 BMW 545i Repair Manual
- 2005 BMW 545i Repair Manual
- 2006 BMW 530xi Repair Manual
- 2007 BMW 530xi Repair Manual
- 2006 BMW 525xi Repair Manual
- 2007 BMW 525xi Repair Manual
- 2006 BMW 550i Repair Manual
- 2007 BMW 550i Repair Manual
- 2008 BMW 550i Repair Manual
- 2009 BMW 550i Repair Manual
- 2010 BMW 550i Repair Manual
- 2006 BMW M5 Repair Manual
- 2007 BMW M5 Repair Manual
- 2008 BMW M5 Repair Manual
- 2009 BMW M5 Repair Manual
- 2010 BMW M5 Repair Manual
- 2008 BMW 528i Repair Manual
- 2009 BMW 528i Repair Manual
- 2010 BMW 528i Repair Manual
- 2008 BMW 528xi Repair Manual
- 2008 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 2009 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 2010 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 2008 BMW 535xi Repair Manual
- 2009 BMW 528i xDrive Repair Manual
- 2010 BMW 528i xDrive Repair Manual
- 2009 BMW 535i xDrive Repair Manual
- 2010 BMW 535i xDrive Repair Manual
BMW Repair Manual (5 Series) - Bentley B510
- Robert Bentley
- SKU #:
- Repair Manual
- OE Numbers:
- B510, 115217
- CS ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.